Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

[2010 HARDBACK] The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga) (2010 Hardcover)With The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Stephenie Meyer reveals what it was like for one girl raised in her second life to have no guidelines, yet finding herself naturally abiding to ethics.  Bree's story was fresh and shed light on a Twilight romance that didn't involve Edward or Bella.  I bet you're all thinking "oh great another Twilight book" and honestly those were my first thoughts as well.  This book sat on my shelf in all it's intimidating Twilight glory and scary 178 page essay format since the release date.  Yeah thats right, I'll admit it, I was afraid to read this book.  Despite my subtle anxiety, Monday I finally gather up enough guts to read this novella.  Truth be told, it wasn't that scary.  I actually enjoyed the book.

In case you forgot Bree is the one vampire that surrenders to the Cullen family at the end of Eclipse, but is unfortunately murder by the Volturi.  After all, they can't grant second chances, that would make them look soft.  This short novella was surprisingly captivating, as was the character of Bree.  She brought to life, or rather 2nd life, a voice of young weathered honesty.  She may have been a newborn, but she wasn't naive; she was cautious and calculating.  In the end I actually ended up loving the continuous stream of consciousness, I am no longer afraid of no chapters!  This book had it's flaws, but it is defiantly a story I would pick up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment